Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Getting a title



Obviously the title of this blog is a play on the Robert Frost poem. A few years back (7 to 10 by now) my wife and I stopped by Robert Frost's house but he wasn't home. I guess we were fifty years too late. I like the idea of taking the road less travelled, many times in my life I've stuck upon the well trod path, and sometimes I have only ventured in direction that I can't travel in life in my minds eye. An imagined life is a well lived life. At least I imagine that it is.

When I was younger I read a biography of Thomas Wolfe. He was 6' 5" at a time when people weren't. I have been blessed with plenty of height as well. He grew up at 48 Spruce St. and I grew up at 46. He had a rocky relationship and I related when I went through my own travails, as probably people do when they grow up. He seemed to want to capture the world around him and so did I. I was amazed by the concrete coincidences I read about. I remember telling that to a poet one time who dismissed like "sure and then lightening struck and you were one in the same"; but I don't care, I still find the coincidences amazing and if any of his immense talent leaked through I'd be happy to receive the donation. I hope you enjoy the writing here, bloggers please link me, and please check back again as  I hope to be adding more material, and other interesting observation.

Thanks,

Gary.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're back. Your observations and comments add to the voices we should be hearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Is that your office wall? Another Boston museum?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Betty. That is actually one of Robert Frost's real houses. We stumbled across it. It is high up in the White Mountains. The wall is just a google template but I liked it.

    ReplyDelete